Dr. McAdams is board certified in urology and fellowship trained in genitourinary
reconstructive surgery. In addition to general urology, he is interested
in endoscopic stone management, prosthetic surgery and management of urethral
strictures. He trained at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
then completed his residency and fellowship training at Eastern Virginia
Medical School. He has been in practice for over 20 years.
Dr. McAdams is a member of the following professional health organizations:
- American Urological Association
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Society of Genitourinary Reconstructive Surgeons
- Societe Internationale d’Urologie
- Society of Government Service Urologists
In addition to his urology background, Dr. McAdams served 21 years on active
duty in the United States Navy, retiring as a Captain. In his free time
he enjoys cooking, cycling and trying to get his dog to ride in the sidecar
of a Russian motorcycle.